Mountain Biking in Afan Forest Park
Please download the PDF below for up to date information on mountain bike trail diversions in Afan Forest Park.
Twisty, rooty, rocky and in places wildly exposed, the singletrack in Afan Forest Park is the enthusiasts dream.
The trails here have been carved out of hillsides once surrounded by coal mining, but now the valley has been transformed into a bikers heaven.
Afan Forest Park is home to 6 world class trails including, the ‘Penhydd’, ‘Y Wâl’, ‘White’s Level’ and 'W²', boasting over 100 km of singletrack trails. There's also the Afan Bike Park (launched in 2013) allowing riders to improve their riding skill and have hours of winding, swerving fun with berms and jumps.
Trails start from either the Afan Forest Park Visitor Centre or Glyncorrwg Visitor Centre, both great locations to set off from. Afan Bike Park is based next to Bryn Bettws Lodge.
- Ride within your ability.
- Ensure your bike is safe to ride and be prepared for all emergencies.
- Always carry some sort of identification.
- Always tell someone where you are going.
- Reflective materials on your clothing of bike can save your life.
- ALWAYS wear a helmet.
- Particular care should be taken on unstable or wet surfaces.
- Always carry water, snacks and spare clothing.
In an emergency contact emergency services (999). If mobile reception is poor dial 112 for emergency services (for any network).
Once you have made contact with emergency services, make sure you remain at the location described.
Whilst riding the trails – remember the way marker post numbers/name of sections as in an emergency this will save valuable time to locate you in an emergency.